Pat Rockinberg’s Chili Recipe
(from Beatrice Kondo, uses with permission from Pat Rockinberg)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce (just a small amount of it is needed, or to taste)
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Chipotle Barbeque Sauce (we used between a third to half of an 18 oz. bottle)
- Bush’s Grillin’ Beans – Smokehouse Traditional (22 oz. can)
- Bush’s Grillin’ Beans – Bourbon and Brown Sugar (22 oz. can)
- Del Monte Diced Tomatoes – Zesty Chili Style (2 cans, 28 oz each? 14 oz each?)
- –or- Fire Roasted Organic Tomatoes
- McCormick Original Chili (2 paper packets)
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
Brown the ground turkey complete first, then cook the beans and tomatoes until gently bubbling, stirring. Add sauces and spices, mix in thoroughly, then lower heat to very low, stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn.
I usually brown the turkey in a frying pan, then add all the ingredients in a crock pot, heat it to bubbling, then lower it to the keep warm setting overnight.
For the tomatoes, I’m not sure which size can, so I sometimes use three 14 oz cans, other times I have used two 28 oz cans… I guess it depends on how tomato-y you’re feeling. Same for the Sweet Baby Ray’s, sometimes I use a whole half a bottle, other times less.